Library Cards

Storrs Library Card

Your library card is the key to borrowing materials, downloading e-books, audio books, and music, using our research databases and online learning tools, and much more.

Anyone who is a resident of Massachusetts or owns property in the state and can provide acceptable identification and proof of the current home address may apply for and receive a library card. Click here for the printable registration form or pick one up at the library circulation desk.


Examples of Acceptable Identification Include:
  • Driver’s license with current address
  • Massachusetts ID card
  • A combination of any photo ID card , and if that is lacking the current address*, documentation of the current address (examples – utility bill, eBill, imprinted bank check, official school schedule, etc.)

*A post office box or business address in not sufficient; a current residential address is required.

Patrons under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the application for a library card. No card will be issued otherwise.

Bay Path students are eligible for a library card. Students must supply a home address in addition to the local college address. All Bay Path student cards expire at the end of each academic year.

There is no charge for an initial library card or replacement card. Materials may not be charged out without a library card (or the account number).


Out of State Registration Policy:

As of January 12, 2006, all out of state cardholders including new registrations and re-registrations will be assessed a $35.00 annual fee upon registration or renewal. A waiver may be applied for the following circumstances, provided proper documentation is presented:

  1. Longmeadow taxpayers who present a copy of their current Longmeadow tax bill.
  2. Employees of the Town of Longmeadow who present a pay stub.
  3. Volunteers in a Longmeadow Town Department who bring in a note from their supervisor.
  4. Donors to Storrs Library and Friends of Storrs Library who have made a contribution of $35.00 or more between November of the past year and December of the current year. A receipt or cancelled check must be presented.