- Y.A.L.S.A. Award:
- For Excellence in Nonfiction for Young Adults
“Vincent and Theo: The Van Gogh Brothers,” written by Deborah Heiligman, is the 2018 Excellence winner. The book is published by Godwin Books/Henry Holt, an imprint of Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group.
- William C. Morris Award:
- For a debut book published by a first-time author writing for teens:
- Odyssey Award:
- For best Audio Book produced for children and/or young adults, available in English in the United States
“Sadie,” produced by Macmillan Audio from Wednesday Books, an Imprint of St. Martin’s Press, is the 2019 Odyssey Award Winner. The book is written by Courtney Summers and narrated by Rebecca Soler, Fred Berman, Dan Bittner, Gabra Zackman, and more..
- Margaret A. Edwards Award:
- For Lifetime Achievement in writing for Young Adults:
The 2019 Winner is M. T. Anderson. His books include: Feed, The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, Volume I: The Pox Party, and The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, Volume II: The Kingdom on the Waves, all published by Candlewick Press.
The 2018 Winner is Angela Johnson. Her books include “Heaven,” “Looking for Red,” “The First Part Last” and “Sweet, Hereafter,” all published by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, an imprint of Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing; “Bird,” published by Puffin Books, an imprint of Penguin Young Readers and “Toning the Sweep,” published by Orchard Books, an imprint of Scholastic Inc.
- Michael L. Printz Award:
- For Excellence in Literature written for Young Adults:
American Library Association: Website for the award winners information.
Y.A.L.S.A: Young Adult Library Service Association