Due to COVID-19, we have had to initiate new procedures at the Library. One such procedure is the way we handle Museum Passes.
Here is what you need to know:
- Museum passes are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Borrowing is limited to 1 pass per card at a time.
- Museum Passes are available through phone reservation and can be picked up during Curbside Pickup or Appointment Based visits.
- Before borrowing a Pass, carefully read the Museum’s instructions and plan ahead.
- Follow directions on the museum’s website to plan your visit.
- Passes will be available to borrow during Curbside Pickup and Appointment Based visits.
- Passes are checked out for 1 week.
- Return Passes through our Book Depository to the right of the Main Entrance.
- Please return Passes as soon as possible.
- Passes will be quarantined between uses.
How to reserve a Museum Pass:
- Have your Library Card available and call the Library at 565-4181 x-1620.
- Tell the staff what Pass you would like to borrow so they can check availability.
- If the Pass is available, staff will check it out to you for 1 week from the following day.
- The pass will be held until the end of the next day.
- If you do not pick up the Pass the following day, it will be returned and made available for the next patron.
- EXAMPLE 1: You call on Tuesday to reserve the Basketball Hall of Fame pass. It is checked out to you for 1 week beginning Wednesday. You may pick up the pass during our Wednesday Curbside Pickup hours. If you do not pick it up Wednesday, the pass will be returned and made available for other patrons.
Curbside Pickup hours:
Mondays & Wednesdays 3-6
Appointment Based Library hours: Registration is Required
Tuesdays 2-2:45, 3-3:45, 4-4:45
Thursdays 5-5:45, 6-6:45, 7-7:45
Fridays 10-10:45, 11-11:45, 12-12:45
Click here to make an appointment to visit the Library.
Book Depository hours:
Mondays & Wednesdays 9-6
Tuesdays & Fridays 9-5
Museum Passes: Check museum websites for updated information.
Amelia Park Children’s Museum: CLOSED
Basketball Hall of Fame: No reservation required. Patrons can use the pass to purchase discounted tickets at the ticket window.
Children’s Museum at Holyoke: Online reservation requires code on pass. Pass must be presented at museum. Online COVID waiver required before reservation can be made.
Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art: Online Reservation; choose member pricing when making your reservation. The pass is your Proof of Membership when checking in at the museum.
Hancock Shaker Village: Online reservation requires code in pass case. Present pass at Village.
Holyoke Merry-Go-Round: CLOSED
MassParks: No reservation required. Present pass as usual.
Mass MoCA: Online reservation strongly recommended. Present pass at Box Office.
Mystic Aquarium: Library Pass Program SUSPENDED.
New England Air Museum: No reservation required. Present pass as usual.
Norman Rockwell Museum: Online reservation requires code in pass case. Pass must be presented at museum.
Pioneer Valley Symphony: Programs conducted virtually.
Smith College Museum of Art: CLOSED
Springfield Museums: Registration not possible if using Library Pass. Present pass at Welcome Center.
Trustees GO Pass: No reservation required. Present pass as usual.
USS Constitution Museum: Online reservation requires code in pass case. Pass must be presented at museum.
Wadsworth Atheneum: FREE as of 9/3/2020. Online reservation recommended.
Wistariahurst Museum: CLOSED
Zoo in Forest Park: Online reservation requires code in pass case. Pass must be presented at ticket booth.