- Tuesdays 2-5
- Thursdays 5-8
- Fridays 10-1
Curbside Pickup Hours:
- Mondays 10-5
- Tuesdays 10-5
- Wednesdays 10-5
- Thursdays 10-8
- Fridays 10-5
- Saturdays 12-3
Book Return Hours:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Fridays 9-5
- Thursdays 9-8
- Saturdays 9-4
Our Book Depository is located on the side of the building to the right of our Main Entrance.
Returned materials will be quarantined for at least 24 hours, so those materials will remain on a patron’s account for several days after return.
Do not return Chromebooks in the Book Depository. Please ring the doorbell to return to a staff member.
Enjoy access to a wealth of eBooks and eAudiobooks through Overdrive or Libby. Curious about how to download eBooks and eAudiobooks onto your personal device? Learn more about how to get started Borrowing eBooks & More on our website.
Place an Order
To request materials, please place a HOLD in our online catalog. If you are unable to place a HOLD electronically, you may call the library at 413-565-4181, Monday-Friday, 9-5. We ask that you provide us with the titles of books, movies, or audiobooks you would like to check out.
When your HOLD is ready, you will receive an email, text or phone call. Once you receive this notice, you may make an Appointment or come to Curbside Services, with your library card, to retrieve your items.
- Capacity is limited, registration is required.
- Masks and social distancing is required.
- Please click HERE to make an Appointment.
- The safety of our community, including our patrons and staff, is the most important consideration of this project, so all curbside transactions will be contactless.
- When you arrive, please ring the bell to the left of the door.
- When the Librarian answers the door, please provide your library card.
- The Librarian will retrieve your available items, then place them on a table at our main entrance for you to pick up.
- Waiting, pick-up, and exit areas are designated on sidewalks.
- Please alternate between walkers & drivers.
- In order to help us offer safe and efficient service for everyone, we ask that you please wait your turn and maintain social distance.
Other things you should know:
- All checkouts will be for three weeks, and will automatically renew, until the library resumes normal operations. All fines will be waived during this time.
- Overdue fines are waived through December 31, 2021.
- Donations to the Friends of the Storrs Public Library Book Sale are suspended until further notice. Please do not deposit book donations at the library.
- Museum Passes – Borrow and Pickup information
Q: I’m wearing a mask, why can’t my materials just be handed to me?
To maintain the recommended distance of six feet, our curbside services are designed to be completely contactless. We appreciate your understanding as we do everything possible to help our community to reduce transmission of Covid-19.
Q: I’m not sure what I want. Can you help?
Staff can direct you to reading lists and inform you how to find recommended titles in our catalog, based on books you have previously enjoyed. You can also utilize the personalized book selection service Story Stacks available HERE.
Q: I just put something on hold. How soon will it be ready for pick-up?
Due to items being quarantined, it may take several days to receive notice of item availability.
Q: Will I be able to pick up my materials the same day they are requested?
Depending on demand and staff availability, orders may not be ready for a few days. Once your materials are located and pulled from our shelves, you will receive an email, text or phone call to pick up.
Q: According to the website, the materials I want are at Storrs Library. How long until they are ready to be picked up?
Depending on when you make your request and depending on staff availability, getting all your materials together could happen within one day or take up to three. You will be notified when your materials are ready.
Q: Can I request items from other libraries?
Yes, but please know that items are quarantine
Q: I have some things checked out right now; when are they due?
All materials are checked out for 3 weeks with 1 automatic renewal (which may not be for 3 weeks, depending on the type of material). Fines will not accrue through December 31, 2021.
Q: When and where can I return items?
Items can be returned in the Book Depository to the right of the Main Entrance when staff are in the building. Library staff will not accept returns directly from patrons. Returned materials will be quarantined, so they will remain on a patrons account for several days after return. All fines will be waived during this time.
Q: I still have questions.
We’re happy to help! Please call us Mondays-Fridays, 9-5 or Saturdays 10-4 at 413-565-4181 or email us at email@example.com.