Great Decisions is America’s largest discussion program on world affairs and is offered through the Foreign Policy Association. Join the Storrs Library 2020 discussion group. We will read the Great Decisions briefing book, watch the associated DVD and discuss some of the critical global issues facing America today.
The program will return on Wednesday, February 12, 2020 and end on Monday, May 6, 2020. Each meeting will begin at 6:30 PM and end at 8:00 PM.
This years topics are as follows:
1) Climate Change & the Global Order by Ronald BeeWednesday, February 12
2) India & Pakistan by Barbara CrossetteWednesday, February 26
3) The Red Sea Region by David ShinnWednesday, March 4
4) Human Trafficking by Ronald WeitzerWednesday, March 18
5) Northern Triangle by Michael Shifter & Bruno BinettiWednesday, April 1
6) China in Latin America by Margaret MyersWednesday, April 15
7) The Philippines & the US by Julio Amador & Deryk Matthew BaladjayWednesday, April 29
8) AI & Data by Susan Ariel AaronsonWednesday, May 6
Elle Van Dermark, Professor of History & Political Science at Asnuntuck Community College will return as our facilitator. If you would like to order a personal copy of the briefing book, please bring a check in the amount of $25 made payable to Storrs Library to the library.
All orders for a personal copy of the briefing book are due by November 15th.