The Storrs Library is temporarily closed due to a positive case of COVID-19. The library will undergo…
Great Decisions is America’s largest discussion program on world affairs and is offered through the Foreign Policy Association. Join the Storrs Library 2021 discussion group. We will read the Great Decisions briefing book, watch the associated video and discuss some of the critical global issues facing America today.
The program will begin on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 and end on Wednesday, May 12, 2021. Each meeting will begin at 6:30 PM and end at 8:00 PM.
This year’s topics are as follows:
1) Global Supply Chains and National Security by Jonathan Chains February 3
2) Persian Gulf Security Issues by Lawrence G. Potter February 17
3) Brexit and the European Union by Harris LaTeef March 3
4) Struggles Over the Melting Arctic by Stephanie Pezard March 17
5) China’s Role in Africa by Cobus van Staden March 31
6) The Korean Peninsula by Scott Snyder April 14
7) Roles of International Organizations in a Global Pandemic by Maria Pillinger April 28
8) The End of Globalization? by Anne O. Kreuger May 12
Elle Van Dermark, Professor of History & Political Science at Asnuntuck Community College will return as our facilitator. If you would like to order a personal copy of the briefing book, please mail a check in the amount of $30 made payable to Storrs Library.