The Springfield Republican Online is offering COVID-19 special access. You can read The Republican for…
Your library card is the key to borrowing materials, downloading e-books, audio books, & music, using our research databases & online learning tools, and much more. Your Storrs library card will also allow you to borrow at any C/WMARS (Central/Western Massachusetts Automated Resource Sharing) library.
Anyone who is a resident of Massachusetts, or owns property in the state and can provide acceptable identification and proof of current home address, may apply for and receive a library card. Patrons under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the Library Card Application; no card will be issued otherwise. Bay Path students are eligible for a library card and must supply a home address in addition to the local college address. All Bay Path student cards expire at the end of each academic year.
There is no charge for an initial library card or replacement card. Materials cannot be checked out without either a library card or an account number.
When your card is ready, we will contact you. You can sign your application, show proof of residence, pick up and sign your card during our Curbside Pickup hours.
Curbside Pickup hours: Mondays & Wednesdays 3-6 and Saturdays 12-3.
Examples of Acceptable Identification Include:
- Driver’s license with current address
- Massachusetts ID card with current address
- If your ID lacks your current address, a combination of any photo ID and documentation of your current address (examples include: utility bill, eBill, bank check, official school schedule, etc.).
- A post office box or business address in not sufficient proof of residence; a current residential address is required.
Out of State Registration Policy:
As of January 12, 2006, all out of state cardholders, including new registrations and renewals, will be assessed a $35.00 annual fee. A waiver may be applied for the following circumstances, provided proper documentation is presented:
- Longmeadow taxpayers who present a copy of their current Longmeadow tax bill.
- Employees of the Town of Longmeadow who present a pay stub.
- Volunteers in a Longmeadow Town Department who bring in a note from their supervisor.
- Donors to Storrs Library and Friends of Storrs Library who have made a contribution of $35.00 or more between November of the past year and December of the current year. A receipt or cancelled check must be presented.
This policy applies mainly to Connecticut residents who live in neighboring communities or meet one of the requirements listed above. All requests for out-of-state privileges will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Storrs Library staff reserve the right to refuse or rescind out-of-state privileges at any time.
Lost your card? Please report your lost card as soon as possible by phone, 413-565-4181, or email, email@example.com.