Purpose: As a resource for local information and community activities and events, the Richard Salter Storrs Library provides physical and electronic bulletin board space for posting and dissemination of non-library materials of general community interest from nonprofit organizations.
Community bulletin boards may be used for the following types of information:
- Postings of forthcoming educational, social, civic, charitable, cultural or recreational activities.
- Postings by nonprofit organizations, groups, agencies or by any federal, state or local government agency providing services to citizens.
- Postings announcing community services and volunteer opportunities.
- Postings advertising educational lessons and instruction.
- Nonpartisan election information, such as provided by the League of Women Voters or by the Secretary of State.
Community bulletin boards may not be used for the following types of information:
- Commercial notices, solicitations, business cards, job postings and retail
- Personal notices of items for sale.
- Personal solicitations for fundraisers (i.e. walkathons, road races, etc.).
- Materials that support or oppose any political candidate or ballot measure.
- Materials that support or oppose a specific religious conviction.
All items must be reviewed, approved, dated, and posted by the Library Director or designee.
Due to limited space, the library reserves the right to prioritize the items posted based on community interest and timeliness of event. Some approved items may not be posted due to space limitations.
Postings larger than 8.5 inches by 11 inches may not be accepted.
Postings may be removed if space is needed.
Posting of materials does not imply library endorsement or consent; nor will the library accept responsibility for the content of the statements made in such materials.
Approved by the Board of Directors of the Richard Salter Storrs Library, February 18, 2021