Betty Ann Low Room Policy Statement
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Library Board of the Richard Salter Storrs Library views use of the Betty Ann Low Meeting Room as an extension of library services. The room should be available to the library community in its broadest sense and reflect the educational, cultural, social, and recreational role the library plays in the community.
AVAILABILITY AND RESERVATIONS
The Betty Ann Low Meeting Room is available for public use by groups during regular library hours. Capacity is limited to 74, and availability shall be on a first-come, first-served basis. The Betty Ann Low Meeting Room Reservation Application Form is available on the Storrs Library website. Completed forms and room fee must be submitted to the Programming and Technology Librarian in the Adult Department. The following priorities will prevail in case of conflict:
- Group with library affiliation
- Group conducting Longmeadow town business
- Longmeadow-based group
- Regional group (Greater Springfield)
- Out of region group
The fact that a group is permitted to use the Betty Ann Low Room does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies by the Library or the Town.
The Library Director is authorized to determine the appropriate use of the room. If uncertainty persists, the Director will consult with the Library Board of Trustees. The Library Board of Trustees and the Library Director reserve the right to restrict use of the meeting room.
If reserved before 5:00 p.m., the fee for a 3 hour block is $75.00. If reserved after 5:00 p.m., the fee for a 3 hour block is $150.00.
Please note that time for set up and clean up must be calculated within the blocks.
The room will not be considered reserved until payment is received by the Library.
Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Revised and approved by the Board of Directors of the Richard Salter Storrs Library, 12/13/18 Richard Salter Storrs Library Policy Manual
GENERAL RULES AND LIMITATIONS
1. Groups using the room will be responsible for:
a) Setting up chairs, tables, etc.
b) Proper supervision
c) Restoring the room to its original condition
d) Costs arising from any damages or loss during use
2. Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
3. 74 chairs and 8 tables (18” x 70”) are stored in the room and are available for use.
4. Refreshments may be served. The kitchen area may be utilized and must be left in the condition in which it was found. 5. No supplies will be provided.
6. Materials storage outside the reserved time is prohibited.
7. No materials may be affixed to wall surfaces, trim or doors.
8. Telephone messages will be taken for meeting room attendees in emergency situations only.
9. A large smart screen is available for use.
10. The Library reserves the right to seek reference of any group before booking the room.
11. Anyone violating these rules may be asked to leave and/or denied future use of this facility.
12. The Library Board of Trustees and the Town of Longmeadow or their employees are not liable for any claims arising out of the use of this facility.
The Library Board of Trustees reserves the right to modify this agreement at any time in response to changing conditions.